SASTM provides the following services to its members.
1. Continuing professional development activities held regionally, allowing accreditation in aspects of travel medicine.
2. Travel medicine course, in conjunction with the University of the Witwatersrand, accredited by the Department of Health as a requirement for registration of Yellow Fever vaccination centres.
3. Regular e-mail alerts on local and international travel medicine issues.
4. SASTM Listserve, which offers a forum to share clinical advice and expertise.
5. Registration as a Travel Medicine Provider on the SASTM website, promoting local SASTM members’ services if you have successful completed the Certificate of Competence in Travel Medicine Course.
6. Quarterly newsletter keeping you up to date with SASTM’s activities.
7. Access to TRAVAX, an interactive online database providing up to the minute travel health information.
8. Access to on-line CPD in travel medicine.
9. SASTM convenes a dedicated Travel Medicine Conference every 2 years. In the inbetween years SASTM joins FIDSSA at the biennial conference.
10. Sponsorship to attend conferences.
11. As SASTM is a member of FIDSSA members will enjoy the following FIDSSA benefits:
a. Access to SAJEI
b. Electronic eCPD
c. Reduced registration fees at FIDSSA Conferences
d. FIDSSA Quartely
e. Additional opportunities for networking in various federations